[Chugalug] Semi-OT: Chatt*Lab Makerspace accepting memberships / TV B Gone soldering workshop. (fix error).

Jason Brown lists at masterforge.com
Tue Jun 11 11:50:26 UTC 2013

Lug, (reposting, I had a reply error)

     Linux relevant: The links below are on a website running Ubuntu
12.04 EC2 cloud images modified to run in my small "private cloud" of
clustered VirtualBox servers: Once I have some issues worked out I will
post the conversion scripts. Most of the issues involve booting, and an
assumed serial console.

     A project we have been working on for quite a long time is finally
kicking off. Chatt*Lab, the Chattanooga Makerspace is now accepting
membership applications:
http://www.chattlab.org/blog/2013/06/open-for-membership/

     We are also doing a very cool soldering workshop on June 15th at
the Downtown Library.  Learn some soldering skills by building your very
own TV B Gone device. Turn off almost all makes and models of television
with one button:
http://www.chattlab.org/blog/2013/05/tv-b-gone-workshop-learn-to-solder/
Everything you need is provided, and you get to take home a useful tool
/ toy / gadget.

Jason Brown