[Chugalug] OT: RJ45 to Wi-Fi adapter

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 2 11:51:26 UTC 2013

On 06/02/2013 04:49 AM, Alex Smith (K4RNT) wrote:
> Other options I can think of, in no particular order:
>
> 1) Wi-FI network bridge (a router with DD-WRT installed acting as a
> "client bridge" mode)
> 2) Buy a sufficienty long CAT6 Ethernet cable
> 3) Buy a network switch and then follow #2
> 4) Buy a Wi-Fi network adapter
>
> Also do check to see your Blu-Ray player supports Wi-Fi - it might
> have that capability.
>
> A great resource you may want to look into is VideoHelp.com, a really
> good site with instructions, technical documentation, etc.
>
> However, my favorite features on the site include how-to guides for
> doing a repair work yourself, as well a database of players and
> recorders, with detailed information, varying from model to model,
> what video and audio formats they support, etc.
>
> They also have unlock codes for many years, some models may have it,
> some might not.
>
> www.videohelp.com <http://www.videohelp.com>
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks, Alex... it helps a lot. I'll consider your suggestions. I
already considered running a Cat5 under the floor back to the computer
room, but I don't like the idea of getting into my crawl space any more
than I have to, which is why I was thinking of a WiFi network adapter.
As I posted, I found a Belkin branded one designed specifically for
multi-media devices (it says TVs, but I figure it should work for BD
players just as well. :D) And you're right... I never even thought that
the BD player might have a wiFi adapter built in. I'll have to check.