[Chugalug] OT: RJ45 to Wi-Fi adapter

Alex Smith (K4RNT) shadowhunter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 08:49:53 UTC 2013

Other options I can think of, in no particular order:

1) Wi-FI network bridge (a router with DD-WRT installed acting as a "client
bridge" mode)
2) Buy a sufficienty long CAT6 Ethernet cable
3) Buy a network switch and then follow #2
4) Buy a Wi-Fi network adapter

Also do check to see your Blu-Ray player supports Wi-Fi - it might have
that capability.

A great resource you may want to look into is VideoHelp.com, a really good
site with instructions, technical documentation, etc.

However, my favorite features on the site include how-to guides for doing a
repair work yourself, as well a database of players and recorders, with
detailed information, varying from model to model, what video and audio
formats they support, etc.

They also have unlock codes for many years, some models may have it, some
might not.

www.videohelp.com

Hope this helps.

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 11:03 PM, John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  On 06/01/2013 10:24 PM, Rip Linton wrote:
>
>  John,
>
> I have a ZyXEL MWR102 that serves as either an AP or router. I have used
> it as a client bridge for streaming media to and from a Blu-Ray drive and
> to a TV. I have also used it as a wireless access point for printers.
>
> Very small, runs off USB power (it comes with a power supply and a usb
> cord,) and nice setup via web interface. It is much like a small version a
> DD-WRT router.
>
> Nice unit to keep in a go bag for those times you need flexibility in
> Internet connections too.
>
>  Rip

episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith (K4RNT)