[Chugalug] Photoshop under WINE

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 2 02:59:57 UTC 2013

On 06/01/2013 10:28 PM, Benjamin Stewart wrote:
> I have no experience running PS under Wine, but I did find this:
> http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=17
>
> Honestly, I'd recommend you run it under Windows for the class. You
> need to decide if you'd rather spend the class messing with PS, or
> messing with Wine.
>
> Good luck! PS is a good tool. If most of your experience is with gimp,
> however, you might find the way PS approaches things ...sideways.

yeah... I don't have a LOT of experience in GIMP. I have used it for a
few things, but mostly use a free app called Zoner Photo Studio
(actually it's a "cut down" version of their commercial app, but it does
what I need for the most part.) I've played around in PS somewhat, but
am nowhere near an expert on it.