[Chugalug] Photoshop under WINE

Benjamin Stewart stewartbenjamin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 02:28:46 UTC 2013

I have no experience running PS under Wine, but I did find this:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=17

Honestly, I'd recommend you run it under Windows for the class. You need to
decide if you'd rather spend the class messing with PS, or messing with
Wine.

Good luck! PS is a good tool. If most of your experience is with gimp,
however, you might find the way PS approaches things ...sideways.

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 10:12 PM, John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Anyone ever tried to run Photoshop under WINE? Looking at possibly taking
> a photoshop class and I'd rather not have to wipe my Linux laptop to
> reinstall Windows, just to run Photoshop for a day or two. I've got a
> Compaq Presario F730US (1.8 Ghz AMD 64 X2 CPU) with 2 Gigs of RAM (maxed
> out.) Video is NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100 (on-board, of course.) HDD was
> upgraded (the one that came with it was dead when I got it, as was the
> battery) to 250 Gig SATA, with very little used, so disk space shouldn't be
> an issue.

                              Benjamin Stewart

                               <o(((><