[Chugalug] Your next desktop PC?

Aric Annear moriarty6 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 20:50:00 UTC 2013

I played with several of these at CES a couple of weeks ago.  They're pretty
cool, and pack surprisingly decent hardware at the high end, although the
one they're touting as a Steam box starts at $999.  I almost bought one
(they had a show floor special for the lower-end units).  They're pretty
impressive in terms of modularity.  It's super-easy to take apart, and the
VESA bracket means you can bolt it onto the back of most TVs (HTPC) and
monitors.

Perhaps the coolest aspect (if not entirely practical) was the rack mount
they had, with shelves of these things designed to cluster.

I'd totally buy one of these once they get to a sane price point.

-a