[Chugalug] woof woof

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Tue Jan 29 14:13:56 UTC 2013

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013, Tim Youngblood wrote:
> I was kidding. I always sudo.

Yeah, and I've been up since 2am teaching SQL and accounting to an ex-bank
programmer whome thinks that because "Heidi" http://www.heidisql.com/
says it's a good query to do something, is sure it's the best way to do
something. Hence my long responses, I'm trying to keep my sanity.

Just because you CAN do a "left inner join" with that other table, and an
outer join with a third table, does not make the result set valid with the
data and relationships in them.

Which gets back to an old topic: A Chugalug meeting focused on MySQL
tuning/tweaks/tricks, and maybe a thought or three about using MariaDB?

Anyone want to play Wednesday evening at 701 Broad 2nd floor?
Maybe next Wednesday night instead?