[Chugalug] woof woof

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Tue Jan 29 08:40:47 UTC 2013

> Haha. Okay I'll always just log in as the root user from now on...

It actually depends on what you are doing. I just couldn't pass up the
cute one-line response. With a subject line of 'Woof Woof'...

My X-windows sessions are almost always a normal user, but if I am at a
prompt, it's usually as root or at least: sudo -s

When doing serious system admin stuff, the real root user has some
different paths and command defaults that make an actual root session preferable to
"sudo -s", of course they are the more dangeroous defaults.

It's a religious thing, and there are valid reasons to use sudo,
do what feels right for you. I like my CLI naked and powerful, doing
exactly what I tell it to. Some people like to ask for special permission
from their master...

Oh. wrong forum (maybe).