[Chugalug] Who's looking for embedded programmers in 'nooga?

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 19:47:55 UTC 2013

Well,  I am a new student pilot.  I have a little over 3 hours in my log,
so this is all extremely new to me.  I was under the impression that ADS-B
is replacing TCAS because TCAS is an active interrogation system, and very
expensive to outfit.  I do understand that the "chattiness" of an ADS-B
transponder has been seen as a hinderence, but for under a grand you can
equip your GA aircraft with an ADS-B receiver and use your tablet for
awareness (as well as dash mounted instrumentation).

I am doing my instruction with Crystal Air and have moved over to the new
Cleveland Regional Jetport (KRZR) as my "home" airport last weekend.  That
place is beautiful, and will Cleveland will be shutting down HDI soon.  Of
course right now I am strictly VFR, but I have been reading up on some of
this stuff as time allows.  I actually live about 1 mile south of Chilhowee
right on Highway 411.  I see sail planes all day long, and grew up watching
the old Cessna AgWagon towing those things up!

How often are you up in Chilhowee?  I would love to bounce a few questions
off you about flying in general!