[Chugalug] Bye bye N900, thanks for all the fish..

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Wed Jan 23 17:41:30 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Chad Smith <chad78 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I don't get the point of NFC myself.

I'm with the "door lock" argument: I've been trying to figure out how
to make my front door sense presence. I thought "Oh, I can see if the
phone's MAC address is connected to the WiFi network" and then
realized "oh, wait, that means that the door is always unlocked while
I'm home."

And I could put an RFID reader on the front porch, just read my
Clipper transit card, but my wallet is RFID opaque (which is something
I might change, as it is annoying).

If NFC on my phone let me trigger my front door when my hands are full
of groceries, I might bite.

Dan