[Chugalug] Bye bye N900, thanks for all the fish..

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:21:04 UTC 2013

Yeah, I don't get the point of NFC myself.

For transferring files - when will you be in a situation where you need to
transfer files between 2 devices that both have NFC - but do not have
either WiFi, BlueTooth, or USB?  (You shouldn't even need a HotSpot to use
ad-hoc file transfer - or BlueTooth.)

The only potential use I see for it would be point-of-sale stuff, but then
when would using a tablet or phone to pay for something be more convenient
or even *as* convenient as a credit/debit card?

I'm not say it is pointless - I am just saying, I do not see the point.

*- Chad W. Smith*