[Chugalug] anyone used the drupal commerce package yet?

Lee Walker mrscumbagtoyou at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 15:54:12 UTC 2013

Drupal Commerce works a treat.
But do yourself a favor and download it as a full distribution. (Rather
than putting each set of modules together yourself)
http://drupal.org/project/commerce_kickstart
Thats a full, mobile responsive, ecommerce site right out of the box.
It's very impressive.

Drupal 7 has been the only way to build (Drupaly) things for a year now -
you shouldn't be using Drupal 6 on anything other than legacy sites.

Drupal 8 is due out in August - put will probably slip until the end of the
year.
Drupal8 is a big change architecture wise. A lot of the old cruft is thrown
away, and replaced by the spiffy Symfony 2 components. It still looks the
same, but the architecture is way more modern.

If anyone is interested in Drupal, I run the Drupal Users Group in
Chattanooga
http://www.meetup.com/Chattanooga-Drupal-Users-Group
And I'm running Drupal Camp Chattanooga April 27th 2013
http://www.drupalcampchattanooga.com

If anyones employer is thinking about looking at Drupal as a technology you
can point them my way, and maybe I can get some camp sponsorship.

Lee Walker
Principal Engineer
404-405-1194
l.s.walker (Skype)
www.codejourneymen.com
Code Journeymen LLC
100 Cherokee Blvd
Suite #332,
Chattanooga TN,
37405

Drupal Camp Chattanooga will have a 1 day training for anyone interested.
All day, "Drupal In A Day". From knowing nothing to building sites.
Normally at $250/person ticket.

Call me for more info.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 8:23 PM, Rod-Lists <rod-lists at epbfi.com> wrote:

> Just got thru reading about it today.