[Chugalug] 1 TB+ hard drive

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 11:11:13 UTC 2013

On Sun January 20 2013 7:56:05 PM Billy wrote:
> To be fair to John, I think he was looking for recommendations of particular
> vendors are caveats regarding certain drives.
>
>Granted, he could have shown us his list of narrowed down devices and his own
> internal dialog regarding the pros and cons. Sometimes, after you've done
> the research, you still have gnawing questions and conflicting tech specs.

To be honest, I haven't kept up with the pros/cons of various HDD
manufacturers. I know awhile back Samsung was really great, but then they had
the whole batch of drives that went bad prematurely. WD and Seagate used to be
great, but now WD has about three or four lines of drives. I haven't bought a
hard drive in so long, it's sad! I just don't keep up with hardware the way
you guys do.

I've been having problems getting my email. I think I've finally tracked it
down to Yahoo & SpamCop not playing well. In that time period I emailed Aaron
directly and he replied back that ANY Seagate or the WD Black or WD Red would
be good. That's the sort of thing I needed.