[Chugalug] Mobile hackathon

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Sun Jan 20 01:13:05 UTC 2013

On Sat, 19 Jan 2013, Dan Lyke wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 11:44:52 +0000 (UTC)
> Mike Harrison <cluon at geeklabs.com> wrote:
>> Please understand it's a monetary system where they trust the cell
>> phone companies more than the banks.
>
> AT&T vs BofA... Yeah, that's close, but I'd go with AT&T.

In the places I've been working and visiting lately, it's not a decent
comparison like that. Both BofA and AT&T are reputable technologically
clueful solid and secure compared to what you have in Nigeria, Kenya, S.
Africa, the Caribbean, S. America.. etc. In these places, it truly is a
"lesser of the evils", the cell phone provider may be interesting,
creative and crooked, but much better than the government controlled
banks.

I know.. I've got root on Linux systems at a couple of 2nd and 3rd world
cell phone companies networks. Some things, once seen, can't be unseen.