[Chugalug] question for the voip nerds

Dave Brockman dave at brockmans.com
Sat Jan 19 01:15:59 UTC 2013

On 1/18/2013 8:02 PM, Rod-Lists wrote:

> Anyone heard of mxie? sounds like a well developed freeswitch or
> asterix. However allI find is vendor pages with no info on the
> underlying tech.

It is part of the Zultys software.  There is at least one phone
company in town that uses them/it.  My clients that use the system
don't particularly care for the software, it is quite demanding on a
business class workstation resource-wise.  And as far as I know, MXIE
is just the client software, nothing to do with asterisk or freeswitch
themselves.  Think softphone with so many bells and whistles it should
have been an OS itself.....

Regards,

dtb

network."  RFC 1925