[Chugalug] Anyone up for a WebRTC meeting?

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 22:24:25 UTC 2013

I haven't said anything about guns, so I don't know where that came from -
but that's kind of the point. Just throwing something out there without any
explanation, it's hard to know what you are asking for.  You propose a
meeting with presentations for something without explaining what it is.

For those people who know what it is - why would they need to meet to talk
about it?  For other people who do not yet know what it is, but may be
interested to learn what it is - without any kind of explanation or even
hint as to the nature of the thing - why would they bother to go - or even
google it.

It would have made much more sense to say something along the lines of...

===

Subject: Calling for a Chugalug - Topic: WebRTC

Is anyone up on the emerging webRTc standard? It seems like it might impact
web development, phone development, etc. Would anyone like to do a
presentation on what WebRTC is - and what it means for developers?

===

Instead, I was left thinking WebRTC was some sort of teleconferencing thing
- like GoToMeeting or Skype - and you were trying to set up a meeting with
someone on it to go over a presentation.

I have been dealing with a lot of teleconferencing meetings lately - so
that's where my head was at...

Anyway, the point is, without a context or explanation - there is little
chance of you getting what you want, which seems to be a CHUGALUG meeting
where someone can explain WebRTC.  Unless I'm still clueless.

*- Chad W. Smith*