[Chugalug] cloud

Stephen Haywood stephen at averagesecurityguy.info
Mon Jan 14 16:11:50 UTC 2013

Another thing to think about, typically "cloud" data can be accessed with a
subpeona. If the servers are still in your possession, a warrant would be
necessary. May not make much difference but it could be an issue. Along
those same lines, if your "cloudy" provider also provides "cloudy" services
to shady folks, you could lose your data and servers when the FBI comes in
to shut down the shady folks.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Ed King <chevyiinova at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I brought that up...   how we would still have to have someone on-site to
> maintain workstations, printers, network, and of course our field tablets,
> but
> it falls on deaf ears.  All he heard from them was "it will be about
> $400/month".
>

> Eric mentioned the freedom/control pendulum...   all I can say is that
> we've had
> awesome uptime/availability from all the servers I maintain around here,
> if/when there's a problem, I'm "on it" like stink on shit.  Let's see what
> kind
> of support $400/month buys.

Stephen Haywood
Information Security Consultant