[Chugalug] Aaron Swartz Suicide: Reddit Co-Founder Dead At 26

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Sun Jan 13 21:33:03 UTC 2013

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 19:51:15 -0500
Nate Hill <nathanielhill at gmail.com> wrote:
> Incredibly sad. A dude worthy of much respect, who has certainly
> inspired me and influenced my thinking over the years.

Yeah, I don't know whether I actually met him (there's one small
conference we were both likely at, and there's an amazing number of
pictures with me and people who are now net luminaries from the era
when that might have happened), and I thought he did a few dick things
(he was part of the whole RSS .9x vs 1.0 vs 2.0 thing that
happened) that could be chalked up to the impetuousness of youth, but I
respect a lot of the things he did immensely.

And think that the way MIT and the U.S. Attorney's Office was hounding
him should be criminal.

We've lost a good one. Damn.

Dan