[Chugalug] Mod_Security and Apache

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 04:01:18 UTC 2013

I spent a good 2+ hours tonight reading the first few chapters in the
mod_security handbook (the first 4 chapters are available for free in
PDF form online). I also did the very basic install and poked around a
little at some of the config items.

Never used it before, but always knew I wanted to learn it. This looks
amazing! Why haven't I taken the time to learn and implement it before
now?!?

Question: Anyone know if its possible to chroot separate vhosts? The
SecChrootDir directive doesn't work in the vhost or <directory>
containers.

I'll still use it either way, but the thing I'm trying to figure out
now is how to reliably separate individual vhosts so 1 website is
completely separate from another.

Of course, I do realize there are ways to get out of a chroot, but it
does add a layer of protection that I'd feel better about. This
challenge, though, has been a mystery for me for a while.

Sent from my iPhone