[Chugalug] Double-tab complete

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Thu Jan 10 18:18:51 UTC 2013

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 13:05:12 -0500 (EST)
JonathanCalloway <jonathancalloway at gmail.com> wrote:
> Essentially, if you press the tab key twice, you will get a list of
> files and folders at the current location of the path.
>
> Are any of you familiar with this?

Yep! And you also know that (for good or bad), tab completion can now
be sensitive to the options for the particular command you're running?

For instance: "tar xzvf abc<tab><tab>" will show you the .tar.gz
and .tgz files, but not the .zip or .bz2 files, starting with "abc",
where "tar xjvf abc<tab><tab>" will show you the .bz2 files.

Which can be kind of annoying because sometimes I know it's
a .tar.something and I start typing it and hit tab and I have to go
back and do an ls or an echo to figure out what the real filename is.

On the other hand, some packages are starting to ship with full tab
completion for the options, which can be super cool.

Dan