[Chugalug] Help building ancient app...

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Tue Jan 8 22:32:59 UTC 2013

On Tue, 8 Jan 2013 08:55:13 -0500
DaWorm <daworm at gmail.com> wrote:a
> Yes, I've been there.  I've tried a few of them, such as Wings3D, but the
> learning curve is fairly steep for what I'm wanting to do.  This was
> supposed to be something to save me time by allowing me to lay out a
> project in advance, not something that I needed to take three months
> to learn how to use.  I liked that this software concentrated on
> woodworking and took assembly into account (there are a lot of things
> that you can model that you could never build).

In my woodworking, I have looked at all sorts of CAD options, from
SketchUp to Blender to even laying out the bucks for a SolidWorks
license. I sent the QCAD guys a couple of dollars, have tried using
Inkscape to do my drawings...

In the end I've gone back to paper and pencil. Quick, easy, I can run
off a few copies and take 'em out to the shop and mark them up there
and not worry about running a router through them.

Probably not the answer you were hoping for.

Dan