[Chugalug] Amazon's Top Selling Laptop runs Linux*^~† (actually it's...)

Tim Youngblood timyoungblood at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 16:47:35 UTC 2013

You are the last person that machine is targeted toward so that makes
sense, Chad. I have one and a Chromebox and they are the best 'alternative'
approach to a laptop/simple home computer that we have seen to date. Do I
use them? No. MBP Retina, bugs and all.

Google actually listened from the first rev which wasn't really a rev as it
was a reference platform build (remember all the pundits trashing it?),
rev'd it twice now and have a great machine for the primary education and
low end home market. Grandma wants to check email? Get her a
Chromebook. Walmart is where this should be selling out, IMO.