[Chugalug] DNS Wisdom

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Mon Jan 7 13:39:48 UTC 2013

On Sun, 6 Jan 2013, Dave Brockman wrote:
> I would concur with your assessment.  Outside of DNS server authors
> and root operators, I don't often encounter true enlightenment.

I may not have been enlightened.. but at one time I was at least known as
a benevolent (mostly) wizard of DNS.. I'm a bit out of date though..
I only do simple things now.

The sins I commited with a couple of "packet shredders" (DEC Alpha's
running Linux with 8 to 12 ethernet ports), iptables and some DNS servers
that said different things depending on what network you were on....
I still had not seen anything like the kludges of those days..