[Chugalug] DevChatt

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 21:11:38 UTC 2013

The more I work with DNS both in my day job and in my work with my new
business ,CENTS (which is being launched full time, by the way, as of
February 1st), the more I become convinced that very few people, even the
so-called geeks, truly understand the ins and outs of DNS. I for one would
be interested in heading up a workshop on this topic, and in fact am
already thinking about putting together a workshop on exactly this topic
for another conference I'll be attending this summer up in Indiana.

Also, I'm no security expert, but did just finish taking an IT Security
course last fall which covered all topics (albeit a bit briefly) covered in
the CISSP exam. Not positive yet if I'm going to take the exam at some
point in the near future, but security is also something I'm very, very
interested in, and would be happy to help put in my 2 cents for that
workshop. At any rate, I'd definitely try to attend that workshop!

Finally, I realize we have a lot of volunteers and excitement around the
idea of the DevChatt conference, but let's not forget to loop in the
original guys behind the conference, like Ben. That is, unless, they want
to hand it off completely. Aaron, you know Ben. Thoughts? I'll forward the
summary of this on to Ben and Lang and see what their thoughts are on the
conference.

- David

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Mike Harrison <cluon at geeklabs.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Jan 2013, William Wade wrote:
>
>  Just clarifying, but I think in this case you were specifically referring
>> to self-inflicted ID theft. Not stuff like getting
>> your ID stolen because the Social Security Administration, Bank, IRS,
>> etc... were being stupid.
>>

> Yep, in those cases, people without the things they needed to do things
> correctly (including smart person oversight) got caught..
>
> I had underworked and overpaid as adjectives and realized that was not
> correct for most government employees.
>

>  On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Mike Harrison <cluon at geeklabs.com> wrote:
>>       I think (not sure) a couple of them had had "identity theft" issues,
>>       which is the politically correct term for "I'm ignorant of the
>> tools I am using and their implications and got
>>       burned".

- David White -
Smooth Stone Services *(soon to be CENTS)*
*Computing, Equipping, Networking, Training & Supporting *
*Nonprofit Organizations Worldwide*

Existing Website: http://www.smoothstoneservices.com
New Website (coming soon): http://developCENTS.com