[Chugalug] DevChatt

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 18:10:10 UTC 2013

DevLink is definitely heavy on the Microsoft side of things. I've never
been, but almost went last year. Decided (near) the last minute that it
wasn't worth my time or money (not to say it isn't valuable, because for
some people I'd say its very valuable, but it just wasn't a good time for
me).

However, I do know a close colleague of John Kellar who is the founder &
Chairman of DevLink, and I know both of them are good guys.

I too, however, would love to see something more focused on open source and
something not quite as heavy on programming (I'm not a programmer per-se).
I too would consider helping to organize this thing (I have very close
connections to Ben Weaver, and I also know Aaron does as well).

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM, William Wade <willm.wade at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have never seen Devlink, but it looks $$ and all Microsoft Way focused.
>
> I rather liked the unconference parts of DevChatt (nice mixture) and it
> was much more free software / OOS focused. And I liked that it was not very
> costly.
>
> I'd be willing to help get DevChatt together and give a talk on the Yii
> php framework.  I would guess that the colab might be interested in
> assisting as well.
>
> Wil
> On Jan 5, 2013 8:41 AM, "Stephen Haywood" <stephen at averagesecurityguy.info>
> wrote:
>
>> After I sent the original message, I found Devlink. Is there an
>> advantage to having DevChatt when a similar conference is already
>> here?
>>
>> Stephen Haywood
>> Information Security Consultant
>> W: www.averagesecurityguy.info
>> T: @averagesecguy

>> up to date.
>> >
>> > That was Josiah Roe's baby, ala Medium/Coptix..   Last I heard he was
>> no longer in town. LinkedIn shows him in San Francisco.
>> >
>> > http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=3972176
>> >
>> > And, like Aaron, I'd help toss a similar event.

- David White -
Smooth Stone Services *(soon to be CENTS)*
*Computing, Equipping, Networking, Training & Supporting *
*Nonprofit Organizations Worldwide*

Existing Website: http://www.smoothstoneservices.com
New Website (coming soon): http://developCENTS.com