[Chugalug] Easy linux images for CompactFlash and x86/Via Epia embedded devices?

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Fri Jan 4 00:36:34 UTC 2013

On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 16:46:30 -0500
Dave Brockman <dave at brockmans.com> wrote:
> I'm not familiar with any of what you seek... but please do share if
> you turn up something.  Silly me, I was just like head on over and
> download the cf image based on your card size... and then I woke up
> and remembered I was browsing the pfsense repository.....

So I just pulled the trigger on a pair of Raspberry Pis and supporting
hardware from Newark rather than continuing to dick around with this.
For whatever reason, this isn't booting off the .iso copied to the CF
card. I could compile the whole damned thing from scratch, or I could
try to get this running with a PXE boot, but that probably ends up with
me compiling the whole thing again.

All I want is a head-end that I can solder some sensors too and run a
few Perl scripts on, and I think the Raspberry Pi is the way for me to
get that.