[Chugalug] What is Ubuntu going to announce today at 1pm ET?

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 05:40:53 UTC 2013

Jolla maybe - Firefox OS is not going to do anything - the whole idea of
"Browser-as-OS" was interesting, but stupid, when Google announced it in
2009.  It did not work for Chrome, it won't work for FireFox.

Chromebooks would be awesome if they costs like $50 - charging the same
amount for a Chromebook as you do for a full-desktop-replacement laptop is
pointless.  It's just like netbooks that cost $300.  What is the draw?

I do like Ubuntu on the phone.  I have some Debian stuff installed on my
N900.  I think they have the chops to do something - I don't think it will
be a third contender, or even really get tot he Windows Phone / Blackberry
level, but it will be a fun Geek toy.  I've always wanted one OS to rule
them all...

*- Chad W. Smith*