[Chugalug] What is Ubuntu going to announce today at 1pm ET?

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 16:22:09 UTC 2013

Canonical has been purchased in its entirety by Google, and Ubuntu will
become the replacement for ChromeOS.  It will still be called Ubuntu, since
Google doesn't rename the companies they buy, but it will be branded as
Google Ubuntu - or Gubuntu for short.  Chromebooks will be renamed Ubuks
(pronounced You-Books) and of course all the Google Apps (Gmail, Chrome,
YouTube, Google Drive, etc.) will be included, and Ubuntu Software
Center will be replaced with Google Play for Ubuks.

*- Chad W. Smith*