[Chugalug] LAMP problem

Garrett Gaston garrett85 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 28 19:39:16 UTC 2013

I'M trying to learn a little php but my learning as been halted by some strange behavior when executing my html/php files. Within my html documents I am attaching them to php files via:

<form action="somefile.php" method="post">

When the html file executes the form, the browser downloads the somefile.php file as if I were a picture or song I was downloading from a website rather than executing and displaying the php page in the browser. Executing phpinfo() from the browser via 'localhost/phptest.php' is working just fine. This problem is only occurring when a php script is called to be executed from an html file within the browser. Also note that I have tried this in two browsers with the same result.

I've removed php5 and apache2 and re-installed both of them and I'M still getting the same result.

Here's the info from /var/log/apache2/error.log

[Thu Feb 28 12:45:35 2013] [notice] Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.3.10-1ubuntu3.5 with Suhosin-Patch configured -- resuming normal operations

Any ideas. I've hit a brick wall here and I can't continue my php book until I get this resolved.