[Chugalug] Accepting CC online

David Ingram david at clevelandlibrary.org
Tue Feb 26 22:00:26 UTC 2013

I'll jump on here about stripe as well. Larry Ulman did a series of blog
posts about everything you need to know about stripe. Links follow...

http://www.larryullman.com/series/processing-payments-with-stripe/

I think there are like 7 or 8 detailed articles in the series.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM, David White <dwrudy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, these guys (Stripe) look fantastic. I've put in an email to their team
> with a few initial questions, and I'll consider using them. Thank you!
>

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:10 PM, William Wade <willm.wade at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Stripe.com The easiest way to start taking CC and super nice. I hear that
>> braintreepayments.com is nice as well, but I have not used them.
>>
>> With Stripe and some code you can be accepting CC payments in a standard
>> form style in 15-20 minutes.
>>
>> If you use stripe.com tell them that SupplyHog sent you to them. (Many
>> of their guys know us.)
>>
>> Wil
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:02 PM, David White <dwrudy at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> For you web developers, what services do you typically use to accept
>>> credit cards online? I need the ability to accept credit card payments, but
>>> I have such a low volume right now that I don't want to pay any monthly fee
>>> (and instead pay a percentage of each transaction).
>>>
>>> I've been using PayPal for a while, but they aren't completely
>>> international friendly, and I've heard too many horror stories of
>>> businesses who have been mistreated by them (whose account have been shut
>>> down for no apparent reason and unable to receive their funds).
>>>
>>> They're also lower on the totem pole in terms of what's deemed
>>> "professional."
>>>
>>> I've been trying to use Google Checkout for a while, but I don't want
>>> anything tied to my personal gmail account and instead want to create a
>>> totally separate account under my business email address
>>> (david at developcents....)
>>>
>>> However, every time I've tried to create an account, I've been unable
>>> to. I'm a geek, and I can tell that the system is fundamentally broken.
>>> Google Support has been very slow and terrible about getting back to me.
>>> The problem hasn't been fixed for 2+ weeks.
>>>
>>> So.... are there other services you guys would recommend?
>>>
>>> --
>>> David White
>>> Founder & CEO
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *CENTS *
>>> Computing, Equipping, Networking, Training & Supporting
>>> Nonprofit Organizations Worldwide
>>> http://developCENTS.com <http://developcents.com/>
>>> 423-693-4234

> David White
> Founder & CEO
> *
> *
> *CENTS *
> Computing, Equipping, Networking, Training & Supporting
> Nonprofit Organizations Worldwide
> http://developCENTS.com <http://developcents.com/>
> 423-693-4234

David Ingram, Technology Coordinator
Cleveland Bradley County Public  Library

795 Church Street NE
Cleveland, TN 37311
423.472.2163  x127

http://www.clevelandlibrary.org