[Chugalug] Accepting CC online

Stephen Haywood stephen at averagesecurityguy.info
Tue Feb 26 21:10:39 UTC 2013

I've heard good things about Stripe. Also, Intuit offers online CC
processing.

Stephen Haywood
Information Security Consultant
CISSP, GSEC, OSCP
W: www.averagesecurityguy.info
T: @averagesecguy

On Feb 26, 2013, at 4:03 PM, David White <dwrudy at gmail.com> wrote:

For you web developers, what services do you typically use to accept credit
cards online? I need the ability to accept credit card payments, but I have
such a low volume right now that I don't want to pay any monthly fee (and
instead pay a percentage of each transaction).

I've been using PayPal for a while, but they aren't completely
international friendly, and I've heard too many horror stories of
businesses who have been mistreated by them (whose account have been shut
down for no apparent reason and unable to receive their funds).

They're also lower on the totem pole in terms of what's deemed
"professional."

I've been trying to use Google Checkout for a while, but I don't want
anything tied to my personal gmail account and instead want to create a
totally separate account under my business email address
(david at developcents....)

However, every time I've tried to create an account, I've been unable to.
I'm a geek, and I can tell that the system is fundamentally broken. Google
Support has been very slow and terrible about getting back to me. The
problem hasn't been fixed for 2+ weeks.

So.... are there other services you guys would recommend?

--
David White
Founder & CEO