[Chugalug] GigE NICs

Alex Smith (K4RNT) shadowhunter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 18:56:05 UTC 2013

The major chipset manufacturers have all submitted drivers to the
kernel and are usually installed by default.

I believe the Broadcom NIC drivers most of the times are "bge",
NVIDIA's are "nge", Intel I can't quite remember off the topic of my
head, it may be "e1000g", and Realtek is "rge".

I'm not 100% sure of those, the driver names I remember are what
Solaris identifed them as.

Good luck.