[Chugalug] How does fair as a linux box?

Jason Brown lists at masterforge.com
Thu Feb 14 15:13:13 UTC 2013

In short: you don't.  CableCARD is a dead tech that cable and tv
companies never adopted, mostly due to pressure from the content
providers to NEVER allow any recording of HD content onto consumer devices.

Short of hacking the system, I have not found any way to record HD
content from local cable companies at a reasonable price without just
using their DVR. Which is too bad because everyone's DVR is far far
inferior to MythTV.

--Jason