[Chugalug] [OT] Gadget Carrier

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 23:44:24 UTC 2013

The company I work at, SolidFire, passed out customized Timbuk2 Laptop
Messenger bags at their Xmas Party:

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/customizer#/product/10

You can customize the color and fabrics. Mine has the SolidFire logo on the
middle of the flap. It's all black with orange piping and looks really good.

I was carrying a 17" MBP in it. The 17" doesn't actually fit in the laptop
pocket, but it does fit between the laptop pocket and tablet pocket in the
separate zipped compartment (meeting TSA specs for a butterfly case). I now
carry my 15" MBP comfortable in the laptop pocket. There's room, probably,
for two iPad-sized tablets in the table pocket. It has a velcro divider so
it can expand for a single larger device.

Under the front flap are two fuzzy-lined pockets. My Nexus 4 fits
comfortably inside one (the other is exactly the same size). The fuzzy
liner cleans the screen as I insert/remove the device.

There's a plethora of zipped and non-zipped pockets throughout the bag.
There's one expandable water bottle pouch on the outside that's too small
for the size water bottles I usually carry. But there are two mesh pockets
on the inside that work well for water bottles and coffee travel mugs.

-Eric