[Chugalug] Android musings

James Nylen jnylen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 23:05:51 UTC 2013

How did Verizon mess up the Galaxy Nexus?  Software issues?  I'm still
using mine (with a custom ROM).

Phil, you should look into installing a custom ROM.  This does take some
time, but it will enable you to tweak things as much as you want.  That's
the main draw of Android for me - without the ability to add new features
and remove the screw-ups of the carriers and phone manufacturers, I'd
probably be an iDrone instead.

I also choose my Android devices based partly on the level of community
support that is likely to exist.  I think that means Nexus devices for the
foreseeable future, especially since their software is so much better by
default.