[Chugalug] Creating a restore partition

Bret McHone dbmchone at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 16:25:36 UTC 2013

I'm just speaking from pure theory here as I've not done it like this
before.

Just have a couple partiotions on the disk. One for linux, the other for
Windows. Grub is the initial boot loader with a few second delay that will
allow you to choose the "restore" linux partition if needed, otherwise it
defaults to windows.

You could also look at setting up a "swiss army knife" (usb thumb drive
with distros of your choice) that had clonezilla on it. I used that kind of
thing a few times to backup servers or desktops.

-B