[Chugalug] Android musings

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 14:21:03 UTC 2013

Vanilla Android, what all the Nexus phones (minus the Verizon Galaxy Nexus
to an extent because Verizon still managed to mess it up), is very
different than what Samsung, Motorola (maybe not for much longer), LG, et
al ships because each manufacturer installs there own customizations to the
point where it alters how some things work.  Sure SenseUI and what ever
Samsung uses may look better than stock android, but stock has been getting
better since the release of ICS.

That being said it shows, someone would ask me to look at something on
there phone, and I know where the setting is to change what ever it is they
are complaining about with stock Android but for there device the option
was ether moved, removed, or disabled (grayed out) my the manufacturer.