[Chugalug] Android musings

DaWorm daworm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 13:27:04 UTC 2013

On Feb 8, 2013 8:48 PM, "Phil Sieg" <phil.sieg at gmail.com> wrote:

> AT&T has permanently "greyed out" this selection. I am screwed unless I
flash a new ROM.

So this one is AT&T, not Android.

> I did NOT expect this to be iOS all over again but with different
hardware. I did expect it to be a little more refined, a little more "plug
and play" with less tweaking. My expectation is mainly based on the fact
that these companies compete directly with Apple/iOS, and apparently are
clueless as to what their competition does so much better than they do...
make things JUST WORK and be as intuitive as possible.

Due to the fact that iOS apps only have to support about 5 devices, whereas
there are hundreds if not thousands of Android devices, this will never be
the case.  It is the price you pay for being a bit more open than Apple.

Jeff.