[Chugalug] OT: Anyone of you guys good with electrical circuits?

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Fri Feb 8 15:59:33 UTC 2013

On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 10:40:50 -0500
Lynn Dixon <boodaddy at gmail.com> wrote:
> the AC97 header.  I could always use a molex and step the 12v down to
> 9v, but it would be nice if I could just use the 5v coming from the
> AC97 headers.

How much current does the electret mic want? Seems like you should be
able to just reduce the value of the resistor in Joe's circuit. In fact
you could probably just start with a 470 Ohm resistor, and if that
doesn't drive the mic then step it down.

If not then, yes, I'd just hang a 7809 regulator off the 12v of a drive
power connector.

Fascinated to hear how this works out, because one of the things
Charlene and I have talked about is an aviation headset for the
workshop, so that I can talk with her in the house while I'm out in the
shop.

Dan