[Chugalug] OT: Anyone of you guys good with electrical circuits?

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 06:59:14 UTC 2013

I have a pretty nifty project that I have been thinking about doing, but
its a bit out of my electrical circuit knowledge.

In a nutshell, I would like to mod one of my 5.25" bays on my PC to house
jacks that I can plug my aviation headset into.   There is a pretty good
difference in impedance between aviation headsets and PC audio.  There is
also a challenge in driving the electret mic in the headset using the PC
mic input.

Bonus:  If I can plug this modded panel into my motherboards front panel
audio input, that would be awesome.

If anyone of you guys are good with basic electrcal circuits give me a
shout.  I can spring for dinner / beer if your willing to help.  Hell, I
will even be president for a Chugalug meeting if we can get enough folks
together to discuss this :)

Sorry for the off topic post to the LUG.