[Chugalug] FCC proposing Universal Free Wi-Fi

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 01:09:48 UTC 2013

>From what it is saying - it is not like the FCC or the Federal Government
will be building, maintaining, and/or powering huge WiFi routers from
coast-to-coast, they are merely considering un-regulating a small portion
of the currently used as TV spectrum that anyone could use for any purpose,
without having to pay FCC fees.  This would include the possibility of Free
WiFi fo' errrbody, but most likely would not.  Some local governments, like
cities, may choose to offer tax-funded WiFi to their people, while other
areas of the country would not have that service.

*- Chad W. Smith*