[Chugalug] WAY OT - Party Space

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Tue Feb 5 22:37:43 UTC 2013

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013, Stephen Haywood wrote:
> My wife wants to have a valentines party for 30 kids, and I need a place to have it. There are a lot of "party" places with gimmick to go along with
> them. I just need a room to decorate and that has tables and chairs. Any thoughts?

You win for the off-topic post of the month, I hope. ;)

My days of such things are long gone and I'm not sure what age and overall
mix you are hosting... but:

The CSOA and othershave held get togethers like that in the lobby of the
Tivoli Center under the big chandelier. Not sure what "rent" with the
tables and chairs setup is....

Chuck-E-Cheese

Holiday Bowl

Rave Theatre (has a party room, might still be free if you buy movie
tickets, they will do group discounts)

I did sound at one of these in a driveway at a parents house for about 100
high schoolers that was a blast... The kids loved the teckno..
(playing off a laptop running Linux - one on-topic point)

Most churches..

The "Pumpkin Patch" or whatever it is called on Signal Mtn.

Stephen Haywoods house.

Some neighbor's house that is on vacation elsewhere..

Ed Kings garage
(I'm sure you can just toss the Nova and old computers out of the way  +0.5 on topic)