[Chugalug] OT: kill me please

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 16:22:12 UTC 2013

I think XP might deserve some sort of award for the most widely used and
longest used version of a end-user OS.

I mean, it came out in, what, 2001?  Has only had 3 major updates?  And,
according to Wikipedia, is still the second most widely used OS on the
planet with a whooping 39.5% as of January, 2013.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems

You may hate it, and probably do, but that some major league staying power
right there.  Almost 40% of people are running a 12 year old operating
system.  To put that in context, OS X - the very first OS X - came out the
same year.  It has had 9 cost-you-money upgrades since then, and is still
only on 7% of computers....

All Hail XP indeed.

*- Chad W. Smith*