[Chugalug] OT: kill me please

Phil Sieg phil.sieg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 15:41:02 UTC 2013

Ed,

A funny and true story:

ALL of the cell phone flashing and diagnosis tools that my cell phone factories use for uploading new firmware into phones, or tracing software/firmware issues are....

YEP. You guessed it... Windows XP Only!

I keep an XP laptop here that is for no other purpose than flashing phones when we are doing software revisions.

So far I have been unable to get the damned tools to run on a VM...

All HAIL XP!

Phil Sieg
President
SeniorTech LLC / snapfōn®
www.snapfon.com
phil.sieg at seniortechllc.com

Phone: 423.535.9968
Fax: 423.265.9820
Mobile: 423.331.0725

"The computer is the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with. It's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."

Steve Jobs, 1955-2011