[Chugalug] Fwd: Exciting Job Opportunity to work on webRTC atEricsson

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:36:40 UTC 2013

Coming from a disaster response perspective...

NoSQL excels in an environment when you cannot predict how people will use
your system (updates or queries) and you want to invoke Moore's Law to save
lives. Let's just fire up a larger EC2 instance...

Ironically, the ability to handle massive update rates is more important
than ensuring write completion. Disaster responders will double-check their
work if they can get any response from the database. No response is the
only fail.

"Big Data" is another area where NoSQL excels. You don't know the exact
nature of your data or how to extract meaning until you have some critical
amount of data.

-Eric