[Chugalug] Fwd: Exciting Job Opportunity to work on webRTC atEricsson

Aaron welch n2nightfall at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:14:45 UTC 2013

There is a place for both.  SQL excels at previously structured data, where
NOSQL excels when you know your query but not the structure of your data.
 This allows you to keep adding new data to the structure without
refactoring the application.  There is also a difference in wether your
data is read or write specific and at what level.  If you do a massive
amount of reads, building a big mySQL box gets alot more expensive than
just scaling out another node or partitioning the data onto a new machine.

-AW

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Dr.D <don at coastlandtech.com> wrote:

> **
> I got past that one ... Now I had to Google.. Riak  to find out it is a
> NoSql database..
>
> That is something I have yet to try to understand.  a "No" Server Query
> Language Database..
> If you don't have a Server Query Language to talk to it; then do you just
> Think the data into place..  ?
>
> Dr.D

Aaron Welch
Chief Mechanic @ Geek Ventures