[Chugalug] Fwd: Exciting Job Opportunity to work on webRTC atEricsson

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Mon Feb 4 17:57:10 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Dr.D <don at coastlandtech.com> wrote:
> That is something I have yet to try to understand.  a "No" Server Query
> Language Database..
> If you don't have a Server Query Language to talk to it; then do you just
> Think the data into place..  ?

Well for a while MongoDB's big selling point was its write speed,
which basically came from the fact that it didn't guarantee writes, it
just queued stuff up in memory and hopefully got around to writing it
at some point.

You can see where I'm going here: Why bother with data in the first
place? Managing it just slows things down...

(IMHO: "NoSQL" databases are like the people who tell you about their
novel new database structure in which everything fits in to a single
table that has three columns... And it's so flexible, because you can
add fields easily, and everything's a string, and...)

Dan