[Chugalug] Drupal:Zen like themes without Ruby?

Lee Walker mrscumbagtoyou at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 01:53:15 UTC 2013

I always sub theme in Drupal.
Saves a *lot* of effort.

I'm a 100% Omega Theme guy.
In Drupal 8 all the themes will be responsive out the box.

Zen has always been very well documented in the source.
Omega is the most popular responsive theme by far. And has a cool toolkit
around it too.
They are all good. Take some time to look, and pick one.

If the theme you pick uses Less or Sass, then use whatever that base theme
does.
Else don't worry about it too much.
Less and Sass are good things to know, but unless your base theme uses it,
it'll be hard to crowbar it in.
So your base theme will pick it for you, Less, Sass, or standard CSS.

Lee Walker
Principal Engineer
404-405-1194
l.s.walker (Skype)