[Chugalug] Cisco Console Cable + USB Adapter

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Fri Aug 30 01:11:45 UTC 2013

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013, David White wrote:
> I went ahead and just ordered a normal Cisco RJ45 to Serial cable, plus a
> Serial to USB adapter, and just for good measure, a Cisco RJ45 roll-over
> adapter. Not that all need all 3 items at once, but they'll be good to have
> on hand.

I just got home and dug through my tubs of stuff (junk)... I found several
Cisco serial cables and various adapters, and some cardbus plug in to
serial cards.. but no USB to Serial adapters. If you get stuck, I keep an
old Clunky WinXP laptop with a real serial port on it, with Teraterm and
Procomm, and have several generations of serial cable stuff that might be
useful.