[Chugalug] CrunchBang Linux

Robert A. Kelly III bluethegrappler at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 04:04:03 UTC 2013

On 08/28/2013 06:15 PM, Andrew Pierce wrote:
> Anyone on the list us CrunchBang Linux? I have been trying it out and it
> is quite nice. Everything seems to work and it is stripped down quite a
> bit. It comes with the Openbox window manager which is super speedy.
>
> Much better than the monstrosity that Ubuntu has become.

No, I haven't actually tried CrunchBang, although I am running the Kazam
screencaster from CrunchBang repos on Debian.
<http://linuxtechhowto.blogspot.com/2013/07/installing-kazam-screencaster-on-debian.html>
CrunchBang looks interesting, I have liked using some of the lighter
desktop set ups in the past. Currently I have been playing with KDE4. I
wonder how much CrunchBang has that is really unique from just
installing Openbox on Debian?  I have a fairly underpowered netbook,
perhaps I should consider trying it on that.